Self-Sign Certificates in Windows 2008 R2
Posted by Brajesh Panda on September 5, 2012
If you want to know how to generate SAN certificate read this article.
If you don’t have IIS Web Server Roll installed
- It will prompt you to overwrite the settings for site 1, type yes & enter
- It will throw an error saying “Error opening metabase: 0x80040154 “
- This error can be ignored due to IIS 6.0 not being installed on the server.
- If you browse local Cert Store of the computer, you will able to see the certificate.
If you have IIS Web Server Roll installed
in this server, you can generate a self-signed cert from the IIS Console
- From Server Manager – Open IIS Manager
- Select Web Server Name
- In the middle Home pane, double click “Server Certificates”
- Then in right hand Actions
There is another free tool for certificate creation for testing called makecert.exe (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bfsktky3(v=vs.110).aspx)