Turn off User Account Control in Windows 2008 (R2)
Posted by Brajesh Panda on June 2, 2010
In Windows 2008
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
3. In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.
4. In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off.
5. If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.
6. Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.
7. Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.
Here is the Microsoft Office Article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx
In Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7
Using Registry: Click here
Using GUI: Follow below steps or in windows explorer bar just type “Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts” & press enter – it will take you there. Even in Windows 7 old Vista command works “UserAccountControlSettings.exe“